Using the right remedies and appropriate diet for bladder infection can make a huge difference in your urinary health. If you experience a urinary tract infection, you need to take quick actions before the infection spreads to the kidneys causing serious problems. The natural approach to bladder infection includes a combination of lifestyle adjustment and specialty dietary supplements.
Healthy diet plays a crucial role both in the prevention and treatment of bladder infection. You should:
- Drink minimum 2 liters of pure water every day. By hydrating the body, you will wash our uropathogenic bacteria, such as E. coli.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee and soda.
- Go to the bathroom as often as you need to.
- Don’t drink alcohol or citrus juices.
- Drink cranberry juices regularly.
- Eat more of dark, green leafy green vegetables.
- Use a warm heating pad to abdomen to ease your bladder discomfort.
- Use sanitary napkins instead of tampons.
- Empty your bladder and drink a glass of water every time after you have sexual intercourse.
- Wear cotton underwear and comfortable pants.
If the pain remains for more than two days, consult your doctor. You also can get more details about bladder infection and its treatment on our website